Kurumba – The ABA is pleased to invite all its members across Asia Pacific and beyond to attend the ABA Planning Committee Meeting scheduled on March 8, 2018 in Maldives. The meeting will be hosted by Bank of Maldives and will be held at Kurumba resort (http://www.kurumba.com/maldives-island-photo)
To be chaired by ABA Chairman Mr. Daniel Wu, President of CTBC Financial Holding Co., the meeting will have the following primary objectives:
- To discuss preparations for the 35th ABA General Meeting and Conference tentatively scheduled sometime in November 2018 in Maldives.
- To set the the final dates and venue of the Conference, theme and topics for the Conference, suggested format and program,
- To present a possible line-up of speakers, and other related matters.
- To review the progress of activities under the ABA Work Program for 2018-2019, including in the area of policy advocacy
The Tentative Agenda/Program of the meeting is presented below.
Further information on the meeting – exact venue, annotated updated agenda, discussion papers, hotel booking procedure, etc. – will be sent to you as soon as you confirm your attendance.
In the meantime, may we request you to already pencil in the meeting date into your 2018 calendar of events. We would like to once again count on your participation for the successful outcome of this important meeting. Your valuable inputs on how we can make our 2018 annual gathering productive and meaningful for all members would be most appreciated. May we request you to kindly confirm your attendance by returning to us the attached Confirmation Form through our Fax No. (886 2) 2760 7569 or our e-mail address at email@example.com, if possible on or before January 31, 2018.
March 7 (Wednesday): Arrival of Delegates
March 8 (Thursday): Planning Committee Meeting
09:30 Agenda Item I: Welcome Remarks and Self-Introduction
- Welcome Remarks from Mr. Andrew Healy, Managing Director and CEO, Bank of Maldives
- Welcome Statement of Mr. Daniel Wu, ABA Chairman and President of CTBC Financial Holding Co.
- Self-Introduction of Meeting Participants
09:45 Agenda Item II: Preparations for the 35th ABA General Meeting and Conference
- Conference Dates
- Conference Venue
- Conference Theme/Topics
- Suggested Speakers
- Conference Program/Format
- Other Matters
11:00 Coffee Break
11:15 Agenda Item III: Consideration of the 2018 Work Program of the ABA Policy Advocacy Committee
- Opening Remarks and Introduction by the Chairman of the ABA Policy Advocacy Committee
- Consideration of the Proposed 2018 Work Program of the ABA Policy Advocacy Committee
- Other Matters
12:00 Agenda Item IV: Update on ABA Activities in 2018
- Policy Advocacy
- Training Programs
- Accreditation of ABA as Guest Association at the 51st ADB Annual Meeting in Manila, Philippines
- Other Matters
14:00 Ocular Inspection of the Proposed Venue for the 35th ABA General Meeting and Conference
15:30 Courtesy Call on the Central Bank Governor or the Minister of Finance of Maldives
March 9 (Friday) Optional half-day city tour
Departure of Delegates
Leave a Reply