The Asian Bankers Association encourages its members and friends to start their registration to the 36th ABA General Meeting to hosted by the Philippine National Bank on November 14-15, 2019 in Makati Shangri-la Hotel, Makati City, Philippines.
We are confident that all participants will find your attendance in our annual gathering this year productive, meaningful, and memorable.
What is the Agenda?
Focusing on the theme “Reshaping the Asian Financial Landscape”, this year’s Conference will feature banking leaders and industry experts who will:
1. Share their valuable perspectives and insights on key factors shaping the global economy in the year ahead, the risks and opportunities offered by these factors, and what their implications are for banks and their business strategies.
2. Examine how banks can harness technology for deeper and wider financial inclusion, how governments in the region can put in place legal framework and regulatory mechanisms to facilitate the empowerment of MSMEs, and how banks can initiate more inclusive institutional partnerships to make MSMEs commercially sustainable.
3. Discuss their views on the benefits of the rapidly rising Internet and smartphone penetration and their implications for society on one hand, and the costs in terms of the loss of privacy and the risk of fraud of cybercrime, on the other; what governments in the region are doing to enable them to rapidly advance towards the use of electronic cash; and whether Asia is ready to become a truly cashless society in the foreseeable future.
4. Examine various issues resulting from the development of digital banking and how they are currently being addressed by the banking sector and, more importantly, by regulatory and supervisory authorities.
Why You Should Attend?
Your participation will also provide you the opportunity not only to learn and gain insights from the Conference discussions but also to:
- Establish new business relationships with Asian banking leaders.
- Gather actionable business information.
- Consolidate business partnerships.
- Promote your company brand among Asian banking leaders.
You can download the Conference’s Brochure and the latest Conference Program as available just below.
Leave a Reply