The Asian Bankers Association and our knowledge partner Fintelekt Advisory Services invite members and friends to participate in our next joint webinar on “Ultimate Beneficial Ownership“, which will be held on Wednesday June 10, 2020 from 11.00 AM to 12.00 Noon (Indian Standard Time).
According to the Financial Action Task Force (FATF), corporate vehicles such as companies, trusts, foundations, partnerships, and other types of legal persons and arrangements, despite playing an essential and legitimate role in the global economy, are often misused for illicit purposes, including money laundering, bribery and corruption, insider dealings, tax fraud, terrorist financing, and other illegal activities.
For criminals trying to circumvent anti-money laundering and counter-terrorist financing measures, this is an attractive way to disguise and convert the proceeds of crime before introducing it back into the financial system. Since implementation of the FATF recommendations on transparency and beneficial ownership has proved challenging for banks globally, this webinar will explore both the challenges and best practices in this area.
Key Issues that will be discussed in this webinar include:
- Trends in misuse of corporate vehicles for illicit activities
- Common typologies and recent cases
- Customer due diligence challenges
- UBO identification best practices
To register, please click HERE
(1) Webinar Sign-up and Attendance is free.
(2) Participants who attend the webinar or listen to the recording will be invited to complete a multiple-choice assessment.
(3) Participants who pass the assessment will be eligible to purchase Fintelekt-ABA participation certificates at the following price:
3a. Standard Issuance Fees: US$ 50 per participant.
3b. Discounted Issuance Fees for participants from Asian Bankers Association Member Banks: US$ 25 per participant.
(4) Participants who pass the assessment will be notified via email and sent a secure online payment link to purchase the certificate if they so desire.
(5) The certificate will be sent to participants in .PDF format via email within two working days on receipt of payment.