We are delighted to invite members, associates and friends to the complimentary webinar jointly organized by Asian Bankers Association (ABA) and EY on “Environmental Risk Management” scheduled to take place on April 13, 2021 at 02:00 PM – 03:00 PM, Taipei Time.
Singapore’s Monetary Authority Singapore (MAS) introduced its Environmental Risk Management Guidelines in December 2020, with far reaching implications for governance, risk management, disclosure, underwriting, investment and other areas of risk management. All locally-incorporated subsidiaries of foreign banks, the subsidiary’s operations in Singapore and downstream subsidiaries and branches in Singapore and overseas are captured by the banking guidelines. Similar guidelines have also been issued for asset managers and insurers.
About the Webinar
In this webinar, the speakers will discuss the new guidelines and suggested approaches for banks to respond to these. For banks that do not fall under the guidelines’ scope of application, the online session will provide an outlook on possible future regulatory developments around the region.
Partner, Risk Transformation Leader and Sustainability Lead, ASEAN
Director, Financial Services Risk Management, Singapore
The speakers will discuss and share insights on:
- The importance and impact of ESG, and in particular environmental risk for the banking sector
- Governmental drivers, regulatory expectations and an overview of how banks are responding
- Understanding physical and transition risk factors and the effect on balance sheets
- Environmental Risk Management (EnRM) on customer and portfolio risk
- Ensuring robust strategic and governance responses
- Concept of scenario and stress testing, and best approaches to model events
Register in advance for this webinar HERE.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.