The ABA Policy Advocacy Committee has invited a number of ABA member banks and ABA Strategic Partners to present papers on various policy issues during the Committee’s next meeting scheduled to take place on November 14, 2019 in Makati City, Philippines in conjunction with the 36th ABA General Meeting and Conference hosted by the Philippine National Bank.
To be chaired by Committee Chairman Mr. Dilshan Rodrigo, Chief Operating Officer of Hatton national bank from Sri Lanka, the Makati meeting of the Committee will feature papers prepared by the following organizations:
(1) The Erste Group Bank AG has been requested to prepare a paper that considers alternative benchmarks following the non-availability of LIBOR in 2021 and how banks can prepare for it.
(2) The Association of Development Financing Institutions in Asia and the Pacific (ADFIAP) will present a paper recommending measures that banks and governments in the region can undertake, individually and collectively, to promote blended financing.
(3) The Fintelekt Advisory Services Pvt. Ltd. will provide a summary update on the studies and other activities it has undertaken on the experiences of financial institutions in South Asia and Southeast Asia in facing the cross-border challenges of AML/CFT compliance requirements, and what recent actions have been taken by them to execute the implementation throughout their respective organizations.
(4) Hatton National Bank will present a paper sharing its experience in achieving digital transformation in the Bank, summarizing the results of a survey on the level of preparedness of banks in achieving digital transformation and identifying areas for best practices and learnings, and recommending measures to encourage cooperation among member banks in promoting digital transformation.
(5) The Japanese Bankers Association (JBA) will be requested to present a summary of a paper sharing the program and activities of the JBA aimed at enabling its members to rapidly adopt new financial technologies
Please register online as early as possible to ensure your place in the Conference by visiting the Conference website at www.aba2019.com.ph