The ABA is pleased to board members and members to attend the ABA Planning Committee Meeting scheduled to take place on February 25, 2021, 02:30 PM – 04:30 PM, Taipei time. Given the continuing uncertainty in the travel situation, the meeting will be held in an online format.
To be chaired by ABA Chairman Mr. Jonathan Alles, Managing Director and CEO of HNB, the meeting will have the following primary objectives:
- To discuss preparations for the 37th ABA General Meeting and Conference to be held later this year. Discussions will focus on the final dates and venue of the Conference, theme and topics for the Conference, suggested format and program, possible line-up of speakers, and other related matters.
- To review the program of ABA activities in 2021
Attached herewith is the Tentative Agenda of the meeting for your perusal.
ABA will send further details on the meeting (e.g., annotated agenda, meeting link, registration procedure, etc) as soon as these are available.
In the meantime, ABA would appreciate it very much if you could already provide us, via email, your initial thoughts on the following issues:
- Conference dates – We would like to seek your views on whether or not we proceed with the original schedule of August 26-27
- Conference format – Since it is likely that travel restrictions will remain in place for most part of the year due to the ongoing pandemic, we may have to conduct the 37th ABA General Meeting and Conference in an online format. We therefore suggest that discussions focus mainly on what the duration of the Conference should be (e.g., whether 2 hours in only one day, or several hours spread over two or more days)
- Conference theme and topics – We wish to solicit your views on whether the Conference theme and topics agreed upon during last year’s Planning Committee Meeting in Negombo should be maintained, or whether amendments are necessary to take account of current market environment brought about by the pandemic.
Please let us know your thoughts on the above by filling out the attached Response Form and returning this to us by January 31, if possible.
We look forward to hearing from you, and to meeting you virtually at the meeting on February 25.