The ABA would like to invite its members and friends to join a Financial Times’ webinar for executives in the financial sector on how to manage ESG compliance risk and provide greater consistency and transparency of ESG data and strategy execution. The webinar to be held on June 16th, 2022 at 14:00 – 14:50 BST, will focus on disclosure practices and how technology will play a role in improving standardisation and reporting
The majority of ESG data has been collected over the past decade without consistency, comparable metrics, integration into reporting or supply chain data. US and European regulators are tightening up ESG disclosure standards with a move towards stricter compliance and enforcement procedures. ESG monitoring and reporting will be required to be incorporated into corporate strategy to meet carbon reduction targets and avoid greenwashing.
As with many aspects of business, rapid digitalisation has transformed the way companies are operating and will be a crucial part of defining more accountable and clear disclosure standards and procedures. Information must be clear for all stakeholders, with divestment and penalties looming as an outcome of inability to comply with standards. Financial institutions and investors are facing more pressure than ever to consider ESG, but do not have the tools and data available to make accurate and timely strategic decisions.
The Financial Times, in partnership with Gtmhub, are pleased to host this webinar for executives in the financial sector to discuss how to manage ESG compliance risk and provide greater consistency and transparency of ESG data and strategy execution. The discussion will focus on disclosure practices and how technology will play a role in improving standardisation and reporting.
- Opening remarks from FT Chair
- Panel Discussion
- How important is it that companies commit to transparent and accurate reporting on their ESG practices to retain investors’ trust?
- What are the limitations of current benchmarking, risk indices, models, and approaches when it comes to ESG reporting?
- As companies embark on journeys of digital transformation, how important is it that ESG reporting capabilities are built into their plans?
- How can companies report on their ESG strategy execution and show tangible progress?
- Where can innovative technologies such as AI and Blockchain be deployed to improve the accuracy of ESG reporting?
- How can greater transparency around a company’s ESG investment practices help them attract and retain top talent?
- Q&A with audience
- Closing remarks from FT Chair
To register please click HERE.
Leave a Reply